Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Speaking Of Thinking

Has anybody ever voted for someone, or joined a cause, because they saw a name, or cliché, on a bumper sticker on the back of someone else’s car? I fear so, but I hope not.

Speaking of cars, with the new lowered price of fuel getting us all back into our cars, the price of gas has begun creeping up again daily. Is anybody really surprised by that? Just wondering.

Speaking of gas, did anybody see Al Gore ‘beet-red and sweating like a pig’ while discussing his carbon-credits business, I mean his man-made global warming initiative with Congress?
Funny, I remember when turning red and sweating was a sign of saying something that you didn’t really believe. I think they used to call it lying, but that’s kind of a dirty word today, now, isn’t it?
Hmm, you’d think Al, old politico that he is, would be more comfortable discussing his thoughts with other old time politicos, especially since they were there just to kiss his ring. But what do I know?

Speaking of rings, I’ve been getting a lot of requests for cell phone ring-tones of my music. But I’ve decided to go in a different direction. I’m going to be releasing ‘doorbell ring-tones’ for download to encourage people to visit one another, rather than calling, texting, or Tweeting.

Speaking of calling, I see where Obama will soon be calling for the decriminalization of marijuana use. That would mean that smoking dope would no longer be illegal in this country. It’s about time. I am, and have always been, a staunch supporter of an individual’s right to make his own bad choices. And I’ve always believed that criminal behavior, rather than the need to alter ones reality, should be the criteria for incarceration.

Speaking of incarceration, if the people ever opened up all the secret drawers in the halls, and offices, of Congress, or the cupboards of the new Cabinet members, we’d have to build another Federal Penitentiary just to hold the politicians. Kind of scary, don’t you think?

Speaking of cabinets, have you ever gone through your house and garage and opened all the drawers, and the doors of all the cabinets, and left them open for a little while just to see how much stuff you actually have? Me either, but it’s not a bad idea.

Speaking of ideas, ever notice how often good ideas are voted down for bad ideas that are less threatening? What does that say about us?

Speaking of threats, do the Muslim extremists still want to kill us and destroy our country, or are they finally confident that the politicians will do it for them?

Speaking of confidence, does the Government Bailout Initiative inspire any confidence in you? Seems to me that for every dollar they want to inject into the economy they have to take a dollar from us to do so. Can you say ‘new taxes’ (I mean ‘fees and regulations’)?
But I’m not an expert, so I probably have that figured out all wrong.

Speaking of regulations, can you think of one thing left in your life that has not somehow become government regulated? If so, do not even whisper it because if they hear about it they’ll pass a law to either tax it, or disallow it.

Speaking of whispering, have you noticed how nobody expresses an opinion anymore? I’m not talking about writers. I’m talking about people. I’ve seen some of the people I’ve most respected silenced by political correctness, resulting in faux social acceptance, but in personal, internal, isolation. Some of you, my readers, isolate me for my opinions. I know that, but you continue to read what I have to say. If it gives you the courage to examine your own positions, I’m comfortable with that.

Speaking of readers, can I suggest that if we’re ‘watching’ more hours per day than we are ‘reading’ that we are being molded and manipulated by the corporate-media-mind-control at about double the rate of our own ability to discern ‘what is my own thinking, and what is theirs?’ I know we don’t actually want to believe that. And hey, we don’t have to. Just putting it out there for consideration.

Speaking of thinking, does anybody take the TIME to think anymore? I mean like sitting under a tree and considering a problem, or a situation. Or being quiet in a chair, reflective, contemplative? Or do we do all of our thinking on the run now, or in front of the TV?

I don’t know, I’ll have to think about that.